Listen to "Awakening" on Far Fetched Fables!

"Nandi" from "Awakening" Far Fetched Fables No 30 Todd Lockwood and Valjeanne Jeffers http://farfetchedfables.com/far-fetched-fables-no-30-todd-lockwood-and-valjeanne-jeffers/ “Awakening” by Valjeanne Jeffers The nine year girl ran to catch up with them. “I want to go Father!” she called. “I want to practice too!” Adegoke, a muscular giant of man, turned to face his daughter. “You can’t go Nandi,” he said sternly, but there was compassion in his brown eyes. “But why?” Adegoke took her chin in one of his big hands. “Because my flower, you are a girl. You’re not meant to fight and the ancestors would be angry with me if I trained you for battle. Besides, think of how dirty you’d become!” “I don’t care!” “Nandi you’re my daughter, the daughter of a king,” Adegoke continued patiently. “One day you’ll marry a handsome prince, he will take you away to live in a new palace. Your every wish will be granted. Doesn’t that sound nice?” “No!” tears rolled down Nandi’s cheeks. “It sounds horrible! I don’t want to leave you and Mama! I want to stay here and fight!” Valjeanne Jeffers is the author of the SF/fantasy novels: Immortal; Immortal II: The Time of Legend; Immortal III: Stealer of Souls; Immortal IV: Collision of Worlds; The Switch II: Clockwork (includes books 1 and 2); Mona Livelong: Paranormal Detective; Colony: Ascension An Erotic Space Opera; and Voyage of Dreams: A Collection of Otherworldly Stories. Her work is available at www.vjeffersandqveal.com

Comments

Popular Posts